Off to Iroquois National Wildlife Refuge, NY

I am going to this refuge next week.

It will only be my second time at Iroquois National Wildlife Refuge even though it is less than one hour from Niagara Falls and a place I have passed numerous times. Two pair of eagles nest at this preserve. I have shown the nest sites on GWGT last spring. I also showed the osprey nest and parents with images of this huge Refuge on GWGT.

These are all images from last spring, but I assume I will be getting the same birds again this outing.

The Green-winged Teal photo in my header was taken here last year. It was the first time I saw a teal too. I never saw that Ring-necked duck in the photo below either.

One common bird is the Great Blue Heron. Maybe this year I will find the rookery. That or catch a heron doing something other than standing like a statue.

A flyby…way up high.

Wish me luck finding birds and some good birding weather too. I hope the recent storms did not devastate your area. It was very windy here too, but so far, so good.

This entry was posted in Birds, Conservation, Nature, Nature Preserves, Photography, Photos, Travel, wildlife and tagged , , , , . Bookmark the permalink.

11 Responses to Off to Iroquois National Wildlife Refuge, NY

1. Mike says:

Beautiful photos!

Good luck with filling your cards.

3. I look forward to seeing what you find this trip! Looking at these is like looking at many of our ‘regulars’ that have been with us in Florida for many months – I’m glad some of them have promised to stay here. Enjoy~!

4. Phil Lanoue says:

Always love seeing the GBH, my favorite bird!

5. Can’t wait to see your crop from the visit! Have fun!!! 🙂

6. Have a great trip! These photos from last year are great.

How wonderful Donna, I would love to be coming with you, have a great time there! You have beautiful pics of these beautiful birds.

8. Just driving by this amazing place is always a pleasure….off to see what birds you captured with your camera!

9. Girl Gone Expat says:

Beautiful pictures from you last visit. Wish you good luck and looking forward to seeing more great bird pictures from Iroquois National Wildlife Refuge:)

Wonderful! I am aching to hit the road!

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in: Logo

You are commenting using your account. Log Out / Change )