Off to Iroquois National Wildlife Refuge, NY

Young-Hawk

I am going to this refuge next week.

It will only be my second time at Iroquois National Wildlife Refuge even though it is less than one hour from Niagara Falls and a place I have passed numerous times. Two pair of eagles nest at this preserve. I have shown the nest sites on GWGT last spring. I also showed the osprey nest and parents with images of this huge Refuge on GWGT.

Osprey-with-Fish

These are all images from last spring, but I assume I will be getting the same birds again this outing.

Teal-thru-Reeds

The Green-winged Teal photo in my header was taken here last year. It was the first time I saw a teal too. I never saw that Ring-necked duck in the photo below either.

Iroquise-Heron

One common bird is the Great Blue Heron. Maybe this year I will find the rookery. That or catch a heron doing something other than standing like a statue.

Heron-Iroquiose

A flyby…way up high.

2-Herons

Wish me luck finding birds and some good birding weather too. I hope the recent storms did not devastate your area. It was very windy here too, but so far, so good.

Green-winged-Teal

GB-Heron

This entry was posted in Birds, Conservation, Nature, Nature Preserves, Photography, Photos, Travel, wildlife and tagged , , , , . Bookmark the permalink.

11 Responses to Off to Iroquois National Wildlife Refuge, NY

1. Mike says:

Beautiful photos!

Good luck with filling your cards.

3. I look forward to seeing what you find this trip! Looking at these is like looking at many of our ‘regulars’ that have been with us in Florida for many months – I’m glad some of them have promised to stay here. Enjoy~!

4. Phil Lanoue says:

Always love seeing the GBH, my favorite bird!

5. Can’t wait to see your crop from the visit! Have fun!!! 🙂

6. Have a great trip! These photos from last year are great.

How wonderful Donna, I would love to be coming with you, have a great time there! You have beautiful pics of these beautiful birds.

8. Just driving by this amazing place is always a pleasure….off to see what birds you captured with your camera!

9. Girl Gone Expat says:

Beautiful pictures from you last visit. Wish you good luck and looking forward to seeing more great bird pictures from Iroquois National Wildlife Refuge:)

Wonderful! I am aching to hit the road!