Spring in Niagara Falls in Ice

American-Falls-2

I was across the border in Canada on Saturday. No biggie, just a trip to the arctic. How do you like them icebergs? See if you can spot a gull. It gives you an idea how big the “ice mountains” really are in comparison.

Iceberg-2

If you want a hint, how tall is Niagara Falls?

American-Falls-3

Yes, it was cold here. See the tower? I have shown you photos from here many times.

Horseshoe-Falls-3

I doubt many of you have been here in winter.

Ice-Mounds

I hope your spring is a bit warmer.

Ice-at-Falls

And less snowy.

Closeup-icebergs

This entry was posted in Nature, Niagara Falls, Photography, Photos and tagged , , , , , . Bookmark the permalink.

24 Responses to Spring in Niagara Falls in Ice

taking advantage of the exchange rates? Yes, this is the view that I have seen before, but admittedly not in winter, er, Spring.Now, this gull, is that for real? Can’t see it.Great shots, very pretty. I saw two gulls today on top of a light standard and a swan flew overhead as I was going to work.

2. David says:

Great pictures. I especially like your choice of subjects in the second and last.

3. I am forever fascinated with the existence of flowing water beneath frozen ice. Add to that the hugeness of Niagara Falls under ice and it boggles my mind! Thanks for the gorgeous visuals.

4. Only been there years ago in July. Spectacular shots!

Love the second to last picture with the huge snowdrifts being cut away at by the river and the few branches in front framing the picture. I should really get moving on passports so we can visit one of these years!

I have a number of images along the river looking back towards Niagara Falls and Grand Island. Lots of interesting views. The ice boom is being delayed from April1st. being removed. Still waiting on the Lakes to thaw more with less ice coverage.

Gorgeous winter view.

7. Yow, that is really pretty awe-inspiring. Somehow the ice gives you a feeling of the power of the falls just as much as the flowing water.

I want to definitely see the Falls. It is such a sight! The photos make me want to come sooner than later! FYI: I came through FB to look at your blog. There are so many ways you can reach a blog now. I found it to be very convenient since I was on my newsfeed there. Enjoy your Sunday!

Fantastic photos. Doesn’t look much like spring though.

10. I didn’t realize the falls were still so icy! Very cool (no pun intended.)

11. Phil Lanoue says:

Whoa! That is amazing. We had an unseasonable cold snap here last night and everybody is freezing because it was 47 this afternoon.
    That is some view though!

12. I really never tire of your pictures of the Falls. i have been there every season but winter. You know our spring is not warm yet.