Married Life

Hawk-in-Tree-2

How many times do you read of the nagging woman, squawking wench, screaming shrew, bad-tempered hag, hapless harpy, temperamental wife, and all the other ways woman supposedly send men to an early grave. If all that were true, no man would ever take a bride. In birds, some take life partners. I wonder if they have their discontented and hotheaded companions?

Angry-redTail

Could it be having a demanding partner is linked to hundreds of extra deaths of men each year? Hmm very interesting, maybe that is a hint to men? How many of their women would stop short of death by nagging? 😀

Hawk-in-Tree

I read that women are immune to nagging and it has no apparent ill-effect on their health. It was some Danish study if I remember right. They say talk it out, but talking is not a man’s strong suit. You need a mature, sensible male for talking it out. Do they have statistics on the number of them?

Hawk-fight

Some duck and run. Many times the woman is portrayed in comics running after the guy rolling-pin in hand. I wonder if that ever happens?

Hawk-in-Tree-3

Sometimes all that is needed is that burning stare. Either a grin or frown works to keep ’em guessing.

Other times, leaving the room works for women, avoiding as much as possible. Slamming door is optional. Just make sure he is not on your tail.

Diagreement

That could be hazardous.

Hawk-Landing

And sometimes just getting away eases tension. Do you know nagging is a studied statistic and they believe nagging to be responsible for three extra guys croaking in every 100?  Nagging, well that never works. If it did, there would be a lot more guys six feet under.

Hawk-on-PoleHave a Merry Christmas, boys and girls.

This entry was posted in Birds, Nature and tagged , , , , , , , . Bookmark the permalink.

26 Responses to Married Life

1. Merry Christmas Donna….my husband finally found that his nagging works against him, but mine is torture if he fails to listen. He is the mature type as we do talk it out most of the time.

2. This is hysterical! I loved this amazing series of photos, and your captions and narrative had me laughing aloud!

Well told story and beautiful footage, it is true what you say. I have learned having studied counselling and psycology it is amazing how dysfunctional we can be when we are emotional in relationship and problem resolution. Hey, that bird, is it a Nankeen Kestrel, it looks like our Kestrel?

4. I loved your photos and story! So funny, but true. Your photos always amaze me.
    Merry Christmas to you, too, Donna! And that looks like a red-tailed hawk to me.

5. David says:

I don’t think I’ve ever seen so many photos of birds with their mouths open in one collection. Fabulous photos and fun prose.

6. Emily Scott says:

I’m sure my husband nags me just as much as I nag him. I love the thought that the birds are busy moaning at each other!

7. Married men live longer than unmarried men.

I think it’s because their wives nag them to eat their vegetables and go to the doctor.

That photo of the two birds in flight, one wings down and the other wings up, is absolutely stunning!

I have read the longer life studies, yet this study was not only on married men. I really got more of a kick out of the study. It seemed to me they could not scientifically prove that 3 in 100 guys died from nagging. I did not read the whole study, but really, how would they test results?

8. 😆 …and a very Merry Christmas to you too, my dear Donna!!! 🙂
    Nagging brilliantly illustrated!!!! 😉

9. I suppose that is what it looks like to the rest of the world…

You couldn’t have married a better story line to your wonderful photos!!

The part I find particularly amusing is that we humans can, at times, engage in dubious activities with a dismal track record but remain undeterred.

Have a great Christmas.

11. Merry Christmas, Donna and thanks for all your brilliant photos and blog posts! Here and on Garden Walk Garden Talk.
    Michèle

12. A.M.B. says:

Merry Christmas, Donna! I hope it’s a very lovely holiday season for you. These birds are just gorgeous. Thanks for sharing them with us!