Hiking Around

GISparrow

So much nature. At this state park, meadows and marsh-like habitat borders the Niagara River, so a variety of wildlife can be seen.

Niagara-River-Grand-Island

Each day I visit a state park nature trail somewhere in our area. We are lucky to have a nice concentration of natural places to explore. This hike took me along the Niagara River not far from where I live. The above image looks back towards the city of Niagara Falls – if you could actually see through the fog.

I was here to see what the day had to offer in wildlife, so here is what I found when the fog lifted.

Cedar-Waxwing

This entry was posted in Birds, Nature, Photography, Photos and tagged , , , , , , , , . Bookmark the permalink.

16 Responses to Hiking Around

1. Meta says:

So glad you are doing nature hikes. It is a blessing to see what nature has to offer.

Lovely shots.

3. Great shots! Do you know plant that yellow warbler is perched on?

You know that plant is like eight to nine feet tall. I want to find out what it is. There is Giant Hogweed in this park and this plant is even taller.

Quite the bounty of things to see and thanks for sharing.

5. debsgarden says:

Beautiful shots, as always. The duck family gives me a warm feeling in my heart! You are fortunate to have so many parks close by.

6. Aquileana says:

Marvelous set of photos.
    Thanks for sharing and best wisehs to you,
    Aquileana 😀

7. It must give you such delight to visit these beautiful places and commune with wildlife.

You really do seem to get the most out of nature regardless of the season, but I bet this time of year is much more comfortable than January was. You really capture the laid back sometimes hazy feeling of summer!